Whether you’re looking to come to Sunderland College or are already a student, we offer a range of services to help answer your questions and help solve any issues that might arise while studying with us.
We offer an impartial and confidential counselling service to all students. So if you ever have an issue or problem while studying at the college, you have the opportunity to talk over any matters and explore your concerns.
These could include:
- Personal problems
- Stress/panic attacks
- Course difficulties
- Relationships or family difficulties
- Trauma and crisis
Whatever problems you might face, talking with a trained counsellor can help. Appointments can be made for a time and place that suits you, just visit reception or call 0191 511 6589.
Our Matrix-accredited College Guidance Service offers potential and current students informal and impartial advice on the many aspects of studying with us.
They can provide:
- Information on all College courses, including home study
- Information on financial assistance available
- Information on childcare support and crèche provision
- Advice on access and support for disabled students and those with learning difficulties
- Guidance to aid transition into employment, training or higher education
- Guidance on a change of career
If you would like to talk to a Guidance Officer please ring 0191 511 6000 and our Customer Service Advisers will arrange an appointment.