SC news

The survey says….Top 20 college in the UK

The results are in from this year’s National Students Survey (NSS) and once again Sunderland College is scoring highly, ranked top 20 in the UK.

The college scored 91% for overall satisfaction, a score which puts it in 15th place out of 172 further education providers across the country.

The NSS has been conducted since 2005 and asks final year students to provide feedback on a number of aspects of their learning experience including teaching, support, resources and assessment.

Nigel Harrett, acting principal of Sunderland College said: “It’s incredibly rewarding to know that our students value their experience at Sunderland College so highly.

“We’re committed to providing them with an exceptional college experience, from the quality of teaching and student support, right through to the range of courses and the facilities we provide.

“Our aim is to give them every opportunity to succeed, whether that’s getting the results to move on to the university of their choice, or the skills and contacts to help them secure jobs in industry. This year over 800 of our students progressed to university, with a 99% pass rate across the board.

“And we’re investing in our future students too. We’ve just finished creating new travel and tourism facilities at our Hylton campus, and construction will soon be underway at our Bede campus as well.”

New state-of-the-art learning environments are being built for our sports and visual and performing arts courses, due to be completed in January 2014.

Darren Sullivan, from Sunderland, has just been awarded his BA (Hons) Leadership and Management from Teesside University having completed his Foundation Degree at Sunderland College.

He said: “I thoroughly enjoyed my three years at Sunderland College. When I enrolled on my foundation degree I never dreamt that I would have been awarded with a first class honours at the end of my studies at the college.”

“Studying higher education at the college has given me a greater belief in my own abilities, which has enabled me to progress into a career within the NHS.”

Date: September 27, 2012

Share with your friends
Most Popular News